Friday, January 23, 2015

MGT1000 Organisational Behaviour and Management

This page is for the Markers’s Use Only
MGT1000 Organisational Behaviour and Management– Assignment 1 Marking sheet
Part
Questions and criteria
Marks
Part 1
marks 10
QUESTIONS 1- 5
To be eligible for full marks questions 1 – 4 need to be answered with two options selected per question. Question 5 needs to be answered with 1 option selected


/10
Part 2
marks 10
QUESTION 6
To be eligible for full marks the response has to 1) be 50 – 100 words in length  2) be written in full sentences rather than dot points 3) be relevant to the topic and makes sense to a reader and 4) is the student’s own work.


/5
QUESTION 7
To be eligible for full marks the response has to 1) be 50 – 100 words in length  2) be written in full sentences rather than dot points 3) be relevant to the topic and makes sense to a reader and 4) is the student’s own work.


/5
Part 3
marks 10
QUESTION 8
To be eligible for full marks the response has to 1) be 50 – 100 words in length  2) be written in full sentences rather than dot points 3) be relevant to the topic and makes sense to a reader and 4) is the student’s own work.


/10

TOTAL
/ 30
Marker’s Comments:




PART 1 – Multiple Choice Answers
Indicate your selections by underlining them
QUESTION 1
a
b
c
d
e
f
QUESTION 2
a
b
c
d
e
f
QUESTION 3
a
b
c
d
e
f
QUESTION 4
a
b
c
d
e
f
QUESTION 5
a
b
c
d
e
f

PART 2
QUESTION 6 (5 marks) (50 - 100 words in length).
My preferred kinds of people to work with would be the ones having self motivation in them so that team with which I am working is internally motivated and no external motivation is required in order to attain objectives of the team. Internal motivation for the people would lead them to obtain self leadership where in every member of the team would be exhibiting leadership quality without need of guidance of a leader in achieving team or organizational objectives. Further self motivation among the team would allow them to decide about their career planning so that future career path for the people are planned in advance (Maslow, 1993).  

QUESTION 7 (5 marks) (50 - 100 words in length).
My goal in life would be much beyond to attain any organizational designation or material things; I would strive to become a successful person at first having high level of soft skill. I will aim at developing self motivation in me so that I can lead myself in whatever short term or long term goals I plan in life. Further my mission in life would be first to acquire characteristics which makes a successful person and then I would decide material goals for me (Organ, 2008).
PART 3
QUESTION 8 (10 marks) (300 words in length).
Please type your response from here.
When the study become really hard and I started feeling defeated, the first thing I will think about would be my long term goals for which I am pursuing my studies. I will develop strategy in order to motivate myself so that I can reach to my long term goals without getting de-motivated due to difficulties faced in studies. Long term goal I have set for myself is to establish human resource consultancy where in human resource support would be provided for various organizations requiring external services in order to manage their human resource function. So as to start human resource consultancy first I need to get into deeper understanding of the various characteristics which a person need to posses so as to become successful in his/her life. So I will make strategy to get motivate in order to accomplish study so as to attain the higher goal which is set for my career.
I will consider studies as the first step towards achieving the goal so that by completing first step of my career planning I can reach towards the ultimate goal of life. Whenever studies would bother me I will self motivate me so that internal leadership qualities can be developed and entire focus can be concentrated on final goal which is to obtain (Moorhead & Griffin, 1995). The two characteristics cum strategy I will exhibit in myself would be self motivation and focused career planning. Through self motivation I would always remain motivated by planning for the ultimate goal and would not need someone else to motivate me to attain my goals. Career planning process would help me to understand overall path which needs to be followed in order to reach the ultimate destination.






List of references
  • Moorhead, G., & Griffin, R. W. (1995). Organizational behaviour: Managing people and organizations (5th edition). Boston. Houghton Mifflin.
  • Maslow, A. H. (1993). A theory of human motivation. Psychological Review, 50, 370-396.
  • Organ, D. W. (2008). Organizational citizenship behaviour: The good soldier syndrome. Lexington, MA, England: Lexington Books/D C Heath and Com.



No comments:

Post a Comment